Finding the Church’s Way Forward
The pandemic has both illuminated and accelerated the challenges of the church in Canada, and—as we emerge on the other side—we’re re-imagining what the church could and should be, as we reopen and relaunch.
Jeff Lockyer, Pastor of Southridge Community Church, will lead and facilitate a conversation that challenges us to consider how we might reshape our local church ministries to actively foster lifestyles of full devotion to Jesus.
Who’s it for:
- Local church leaders who want to see their impact and testimony for Christ grow in their community
- Ministry teams who feel stuck in old models and want to reimagine a way forward that they can operationalize and practically implement
- Church boards who are helping reset the foundation and future trajectory of their local church
What to expect:
- A fresh reflection on Jesus’ intended purpose for His church
- Practical ideas on how to operationalize “new wineskins” of effective ministry
- Group discussion and reflection time as a ministry team
- Networking with other church leaders from your region
Presenter & Facilitator
Pastor, Canadian Church Leader & Author of Finding our Way
Jeff Lockyer has led the church he grew up in for nearly a quarter century. In that time Southridge Community Church has grown to become an innovative multi-site church across the Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada where each location is defined by its own missional “Anchor Cause,” serving the homeless, migrant farm workers, and low-income families. He is the Chair of the Board of the Global Leadership Network Canada and has founded a ministry called “Leaders’ Village” that supports ministry and local church leaders across Canada and around the world.
A former national team long-distance runner while at the University of Toronto, Jeff and his wife Becky live in St. Catharines with their three children, Owen, Simon, and Addilyn. Jeff also considers himself the Stanley Cup championship parade coordinator for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Schedule: 9:00am – 2:30pm
Session #1: Re-imagining the future church 9:00-10:30am
Session #2: Moving your church beyond its walls 11:00am-12:30pm
Session #3: Hot-button challenges for the church 1:00-2:30pm
Register for the Gathering in your City
Tickets: $30 per person | Table of 6 – $150
Last Minute: $45 per person | Table of 6 – $240
Pricing includes: refreshments and a light lunch
*Ticket pricing deadlines vary by location.
Location: Christian Life Assembly
21277 56 Ave
Langley Twp, BC V2Y 1M3
Location: Hillside Baptist Church
2290 Mountain Rd
Moncton, NB E1G 1B4
1814 Barbertown Road
Mississauga, ON L5M 2M5
Buy the book in advance. It will help you start thinking about the way forward.
“In a Canadian context where many congregations struggle to effectively minister to those outside their walls or adapt ministry vision and practices to a global pandemic, Finding our Way offers thoughtful and practical stories of hope that will assist congregations who aspire to flourish.”
– Joel Thiessen, Director of Flourishing Congregations Institute
“Finding our Way is a field guide to get us back on the path of making disciples. For the Christian church, this is our only path into the future.”
–Tim Day, Director of City Movement Canada
“I’m confident the insights Jeff provides in these pages will challenge and influence many leaders to advance God’s revealed vision for his church at home and around the world, as it did for me.”
– Allison Alley, President & CEO of Compassion Canada